Sunday, June 18, 2006

Tim Peters looking for a few good men

INTERVIEWER: It's been almost 10 years since you started the charity [Helping Hands Korea]. Have you ever thought about giving the reins to someone else and moving back to the States?

TIM PETERS: Most missionaries feel that there's no retirement in the Lord's work, and I guess I'm more or less of that mind. I'm still of good health, which I'm thankful for.

Naturally I'm also a bit of a headhunter; I'm always looking for new young and idealistic talent who have a heart for the North Korean people.

I must say I very much hope to stay fully engaged until we can see that all the North Koreans has a free government and people can really pursue their own dreams. I would love to be on this peninsula when that takes place.

[Excerpt of a radio interview with Tim Peters of Helping Hands Korea, on ABC Radio Australia]

No comments: